As a student in the NRS program, I have completed many courses within the scope of environmental sustainability.

Here is a summary of some the courses I have taken:

NRSC 3000: Diversity and Ecology of the Vertebrates
Final Grade: B
Learning to identify animals and their behaviors can be critical in determining changes in environments. Animals can be good indicators for changes in the environment – some species can be more susceptible to pollutants than others.
NRSC 4020:  Natural Resources Entomology
Final Grade: B-
Similar to animals, insects will also indicate changes in the environment. I learned An interesting fact I learned in entomology: if everyone were ‘okay’ with eating insects, we could (in theory) feed the entire world with reduced greenhouse gas emissions and increased water conservation.
ECON 3410: Economics of Climate Change
Final Grade: B
Taught by one of the most influential professors, Peter Tsigaris – this class introduced me concepts related to global competency in climate change. We gained valuable insight to global agreements between nations. Mostly to lower GHG emissions; we even came up with our own solutions (that resulted in less GHG levels being emitted) to the global crisis.
BIOL 3030: Population Biology
Final grade: B
Learning about the interactions of different populations is an asset in environmental sustainability – being aware of migration patterns for animals can be vital information in observing changes in population growth, or even a response to a change in environment.
NRSC 4210: Conflict Resolution in the Natural Resources
Final Grade: B+
This course taught me techniques in mitigating conflicts in a professional manner. Communication and the ability to compromise is essential in resolving conflict.